Community Engagement and Dissemination Core (CEDC)
- Juliet McMullin PhD, Co-Director HDR@UCR and Co-Leader of the CEDC, Co-PI, Professor and Chair, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
- Jennifer Syvertsen PhD, MPH, Co-Leader of the CEDC, Co-PI, Professor, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
- Deborah Lefkowitz PhD, Assistant Professional Researcher, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (CHASS)
- Katheryn Rodriguez, Program Manager CEDC
- Wyatt Kelly, Project Coordinator CEDC
- Michelle Burroughs, Investigator CEDC , Financial Administrative Officer, Social Medicine, Population and Public Health (SMPPH) and Director of Community Engagement & Outreach for the Center for Healthy Communities, (CHC)
- Jenna LeComte-Hinely PhD, Collaborator CEDC, CEO, Researcher, and Evaluator at Health Assessment & Research for Communities (HARC)
- Sahar Foruzan, Graduate Student Researcher CEDC, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
- Joshua Liashenko, Graduate Student Researcher CEDC, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
- Gabriela Ortiz, Graduate Student Researcher CEDC, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
Roseanne Rosenthal, Graduate Student Researcher CEDC, Anthropology, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)
Community Advisory Board:
- Brandon Brown , University of California Riverside School of Medicine
- Paulette Brown, Voice Media Ventures
- Jonathan Buffong, San Bernardino County, Department of Behavioral Health
- Italia Garcia, Community for Community Action and Environmental Justice
- John Epps, Regional Access Project Foundation
- Browyn Leebaw , University of California Riverside Political Science
- Dianne Leibrandt, Riverside University Health System
- Maria Machuca, County of Riverside-Department of Public Social Services, Mecca Family & Farmworker’s Service Center
- Georgia Martinez, SAC Health System
- Christina Reaves, Borrego Health
- Jeff Taylor, dba HIV+Aging Research Project-Palm Springs
- Esmirna Valencia , Head Start/Early Head Start Programs
The Community Engagement and Dissemination Core (CEDC) will foster collaborations that promote community engagement in the design, dissemination, implementation of research supported by the HDR@UCR Center and provide community members and stakeholders with opportunities to shape the research agenda.
Our specific aims are to:
1) Create a Community Engagement Studio that will serve as a hub for HDR@UCR community engaged proposal development, implementation, and dissemination activities.
2) Serve as a boundary spanner between HDR@UCR researchers, and Coachella Valley and inland southern California community groups, health care delivery systems, and policy makers by facilitating stakeholder input into the HDR@UCR research agenda directed by our Community Advisory Board.
3) Through dissemination efforts, build and strengthen a shared community focus on health disparities and equity.
Community Engagement Studios
The Community Engagement Studio is a consultative session for researchers interested in getting input on their work from patients, caregivers, health care providers, community members and other non-researcher stakeholders. A panel of stakeholders (whose characteristics are defined by the researcher) will be assembled to provide feedback to enhance the planning, design, implementation, translation or dissemination of your research.
The CE Studio can be a valuable experience for researchers at any stage in the research process and transforms the way community members and researchers work together.
Faculty, post-docs, fellows, and graduate students who are interested in receiving feedback from their population of interest on the relevance and feasibility of their research ideas have reported positive impacts on their projects and proposals.
If you would like to submit a request for a Community Engagement Studio, please click here.
For more information or additional questions, please contact Katheryn Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org